So I wanted to share with you some ways to introduce your child's artwork into your life:
1. The simplest one - FRAME IT and call it abstract work. I discussed it here along with pictures:
2. CUTOUTS - appropriate for those who like to color.
Here is what I did from my daughter's coloring: cut out the shapes, animals or whatever your child has colored, paste onto a white foam board, Optional: select a few of the pieces and paste onto thick card-stock first ( i used cereal boxes or something like that) , then onto foam blocks. This way you will have more dimensional art...
3. Hang them on IKEA curtain rods on a white wall ( in corridor OR inside the kids room) This method will work for all those crafty thingies they bring home from Day care or pre-K.
4. Make a textile of doodles - can simply enlarge your child's doodles, and trace with a fabric marker onto a duvet, pillowcase, or a sheet. Maybe curtains even... I wanted to do this for soooo long!
5. This is my latest find and I love it! Make KEYCHAIN from your child's artwork. I guess you could also print your doodles onto a mug, mouse pad, tray, etc in order to preserve kids artwork without the actual papers laying around. Cool!
Do you have a favorite way to display your child's artwork? Please share in comments!